Saturday, June 25, 2011

Family poem

I came across a pile of old papers this evening and found this silly little poem among them that made me laugh. I was probably sixteen when I wrote it, as it was among some journal entries written at that time.

My mother, whose name will be Julie
Is the best person, really and truly
She tries to be nice, which she gives me advice
And I listen to her, really and truly.

My mother is married to Jack
All he wants to do is hit the sack
But he works at his store, and he makes more and more
That poor man of my mother's named Jack.

I have a young brother named Casey
Who is chubby, selfish and lazy
I don't really mean it, and you could have forseen it --
He's a great little brother, my Casey.

I also have a brother named Ian
Who, someday, will truly be fleein'
'Cause he jokes and he teases, "I'm a weirdo," so he says,
I pity my brother named Ian.

I have a young sister - she's Karen
Who I see is ready and rarin'
To have a new phone, all of her own
That talkative sister named Karen.

An there's Andrea, who happens to be smallest
Who knows, maybe someday she'll be tallest!
She can be happy or sad - her mood changes aren't bad
For a kid who happens to be smallest.

And we have a dog - he is Kelly
Who has a rapidly growing belly
We feed him with food that he this is good
It's all people food, it's disgusting for Kelly.

LOL...Elizabeth Barrett Browning, I ain't ;-)

No comments: